10 year old Yemeni girl smiling after she was granted a divorce from her husband- a 30 year old man
Here’s what I found after looking into it.
Nujood Ali was nine when her parents arranged a marriage to Faez Ali Thamer, a man in his thirties. Regularly beaten by her in-laws and raped by her husband, Ali escaped on April 2, 2008, two months after the wedding.
On the advice of her father’s second wife, she went directly to court to seek a divorce. After waiting for half a day, she was noticed by a judge, Mohammed al-għadha, who gave her refuge. He had both her father and husband taken into custody.
Indeed, publicity surrounding Ali’s case is said to have inspired efforts to annul other child marriages, including that of an 8 year old Saudi girl who was allowed to divorce a middle-aged man in 2009.
BUT In 2013 Ali reported to the media that her father had forced her out of their home and is withholding her money granted by publishers. Her father has also arranged a marriage for her younger sister, Haifa.
I GOT THE INFORMATION FROM THIS WIKI PAGE
Also this girl has her own book
I think he is catting enough for two, maybe three cats.
Cat. It is a verb now. And you know exactly what it means. Thanks, internet.
This cat looking like it wants to meet someone in the pit
- THE WORKS OF EDGAR ALLEN POE: Here’s a link to all his stories and poems. His macabre and dark approach to writing has touched many across the globe
- THE WORKS OF H.P LOVECRAFT: Another gothic writer whose style is both suspenseful and vivid
- THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW: Another classic, beware of the headless horseman
- THE TURN OF THE SCREW: A tale about a governess who becomes convinced that she and her charges are being stalked by ghosts.
- THE MONKEY’S PAW: You probably have heard of this one. Be careful what you wish for.
- THE LOTTERY: It might not seem like a horror story, but once you realize what’s happening you will definitly be horrified. If you don’t understand here’s a site that will clear some things up
- WHERE ARE YOU GOING, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN: About a 15 year old girl’s encounter with a threatening but charismatic stranger. A popular dark tale.
- THE SIGNAL MAN: By Charles Dickon’s, a railroad worker tells the story of a ghost that seems to appear to him as a premonition of some horrible railway tragedy
- THE MORTAL IMMORTAL: Mary Shelley may have been known for Frankenstein, but here’s another dark tale by her. It’s the story of a man who wants to play God, but finds his sanity is the price
- THE WOMAN IN BLACK: You probably have heard of the movie, but read the classic story behind it. Whenever she is seen, a child dies.
BONUS: Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier: I read this for my Gothic Literature class in high school. I loved it. A dark novel with plenty of twists to keep you on the edge.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Masterpost of Gothic Novels